(Before) The living room featured furniture with light upholstery that
didn't tie into the other elements
(After) The space is more cohesive and functional for the family.
Recently Jackie had the opportunity to showcase her creativity for a client who wanted to update her living room while best using what she already had. The plan kept in mind the function of the room and included purchasing a new sofa and settee; re-upolstering two side chairs and rearranging artwork, tables and accessories for better harmony. The result -- a completely new look and feel for the living room for the cost of a few new items.
Click on the Related Link tab below to read the complete article.
[ add comment ] ( 21 views ) | permalink | related link | ( 3 / 1142 )
Click on the related link tab below to watch the FOX 2 segment.
[ add comment ] ( 18 views ) | permalink | related link | ( 3 / 1116 )
1. Edit Your Space - Pull furniture away from your walls. Get rid of old, dated pieces and integrate items from different rooms.
2. Color Your World - The trend for 2010 is to integrate neutrals (browns/greens) with global colors (yellow, rich plum, vibrant violet and even a touch of orange.) Grey also is making a strong showing. Try painting one wall an accent color and add a piece of art with similar colors to add some energy to that space.
3. Nurture in Nature - Add plants and florals. Plants add a touch of newness and calm to any room. Think about adding a silk tree in a beautiful pot.
4. Mix it Up! - Don't feel confined to a specific design style. Let your personality shine by mixing items that appeal to you. This goes for furniture and accessories. Ask a designer for help if needed.
5. Add Texture - Add natural materials and texture in furnishings and accessories.
6. Make it Personal - Incorporate family photos with coordinating frames. Group special items from your travels.
7. Light up Your Life - Mix and match lamp bases and shades for a hip new lighting solution.
8. Live in Comfort - Change pillows and throws seasonally.
9. Entertain with Style - Create unique centerpieces and spend a little extra time thinking about the little things that will make your event special.
10. Take a Risk - Be bold and try something new! Perhaps you would enjoy damask wallpaper to add a little glitz. Remember color adds a sense of optimism...and optimism is always in style!
[ add comment ] ( 22 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1259 )
[ add comment ] ( 49 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1434 )
[ add comment ] ( 31 views ) | permalink | related link | ( 3.1 / 20 )