1. Edit Your Space - Pull furniture away from your walls. Get rid of old, dated pieces and integrate items from different rooms.
2. Color Your World - The trend for 2010 is to integrate neutrals (browns/greens) with global colors (yellow, rich plum, vibrant violet and even a touch of orange.) Grey also is making a strong showing. Try painting one wall an accent color and add a piece of art with similar colors to add some energy to that space.
3. Nurture in Nature - Add plants and florals. Plants add a touch of newness and calm to any room. Think about adding a silk tree in a beautiful pot.
4. Mix it Up! - Don't feel confined to a specific design style. Let your personality shine by mixing items that appeal to you. This goes for furniture and accessories. Ask a designer for help if needed.
5. Add Texture - Add natural materials and texture in furnishings and accessories.
6. Make it Personal - Incorporate family photos with coordinating frames. Group special items from your travels.
7. Light up Your Life - Mix and match lamp bases and shades for a hip new lighting solution.
8. Live in Comfort - Change pillows and throws seasonally.
9. Entertain with Style - Create unique centerpieces and spend a little extra time thinking about the little things that will make your event special.
10. Take a Risk - Be bold and try something new! Perhaps you would enjoy damask wallpaper to add a little glitz. Remember color adds a sense of optimism...and optimism is always in style!
[ add comment ] ( 21 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1239 )
[ add comment ] ( 48 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1412 )
[ add comment ] ( 31 views ) | permalink | related link | ( 3.5 / 2 )
Jackie and Dar logged many miles on foot each day according to their pedometers. They are excited about their finds and especially excited about integrating platinum into the 2010 holiday themes. They say platinum trumps gold and mixes well with all themes and colors. Think about your jewelry...platinum is going to be HOT for 2010.
The two super buyers also found collections of spa blue, gorgeous copper and rich burgundy.
Coming soon will be several new gifts, lamps, accessories and serving ware. New products will arrive in the next few weeks.
[ add comment ] ( 24 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 81 )
Save 30% off on the new samples that just arrived in our showroom, or stop in and we'll extend the savings and help you custom design your piece with your choice of fabric.
This chocolate brown sofa from the Springfield Collection is the ultimate in luxury and traditional style. The robin's egg blue accents add a designer touch to the 3-cushion design. Originally $2296, now $$1607
The Joel Collection shown above features a medium brown corduroy fabric that is perfect for families and a casual, comfortable style. Originally $1769, now $1238. The chair originally was $1095, now $767.
The Silhouette recliner with neck pillow is perfect for relaxing with a good book or catching up on a favorite television show. Originally $1437, now $1006.
(An excerpt from the Comfort Design web site is below)
In the fall of 2008, industry veterans met and decided to build custom order stationary and motion furniture in America, reversing the trend of building home furnishings off shore. Keeping American craftsmen working was one of their primary goals.
In an era of booming creativity and choice, shoppers are customizing purchases towards their individual expression. From iPods to cars to home furnishings, shoppers expect detailed options from which they can select what best suits their lifestyle. In addition to varied choices, quality also counts. Comfort Designís motion and stationary home furnishings are meeting shoppersí expectations with a variety of options in superior design and high-caliber construction.
Shoppers with discerning tastes will appreciate the diverse selection of Comfort Design furniture. Durable and fashionable, every sofa or chair from Comfort Design is built with a keen eye for detail. Additionally, rather than building furniture based on cost-cutting straight edged frames, Comfort Designís sleek curves sustain the unique design integrity that defines them. Even our motion upholstery offers shoppers a choice between manual and power options.
All good quality begins with a strong foundation. Therefore, in our motion furniture we use steel to tie our frames together, steel seat boxings to ensure the long life of our springing system and our mechanisms are made, not merely assembled, in the USA.
Our motionís foam is the best available. We use 2.5 density, 20 lb compression high resiliency (HR) Foam in our seats and HR Foam in our backs that call for foam in place of fiber. Our fiber backs are in bags with partitions where applicable to maintain appearance. Comfort Design stationary and motion furniture is hand crafted in North Carolina by the finest American artisans.
[ add comment ] ( 19 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 1115 )